Thursday, January 12, 2012

Homemade Chalk Paint

I have started my homemade chalk paint projects. I am extremely pleased at the way this table is turning out. The alternative to real chalk paint is VERY INEXPENSIVE and works fantastic. I used calcium carbonate as suggested by Sherry

I started with a very ugly 70's coffee table.


....and this is the stage I am at now. I plan to add legs and make it into a stand for my printer and Cricut machine.

I am using using the baking soda and paint method for making my own chalk paint.
My best guess is I used 3 cups paint to 1/3 cup calcium carbonate....then for the 2cd coat I had a little of that paint mixture left so I added water and about 3 tablespoons of baking soda.

1 comment:

  1. This piece looks wonderful! I am so glad you like the chalk paint recipe and I appreciate the mention. xo, Sherry

    ReplyDelete